Ads by Nuffnang

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Abhorrence*

Whatever you watched on the tv, in the movies, they are all lies. There are no such things as fairytale endings. NO loyalty, because people cheat. NO honesty because people hide. NO truth because people lie. NO happiness because people hurt. NO trust because people break it. NO sincerity because people want something when they give something.

I always think I'm better off alone than be with someone who will abandon me one day. I don't know what's right because everything is wrong. I don't know anything and I don't intend to find out. But I know that true love doesn't exist. It's a mere fiction, created to fool others who see fantasies as realities. Dreaming that one day, prince charming will come and sweep them off their feet.

I don't know how to feel because they have deprived me of the power of sensation in such a way that I know, I will never feel again.

I might be sounding like a sceptic whose comments should only be kept to herself. I might kill the dreams of many who are unwilling to let go of the fantasy that they have created. Wake up and start living in the real world. A really harsh suggestion, even to myself for I have heard those words ever so often. But I need it. Though I don't know why.

But then again, I don't know a lot of things. There is a fine line between love and lust. And I think I've mistaken the latter for the former. I mistook lust for love. And it has cost me dearly.

*Abhorrence: inspiring disgust and loathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment